Cook. Eat. Enjoy. Repeat. It really is that simple. As a professional chef, whether developing recipes for magazines, selling wine at retail, or hosting tastings for groups large and small, my mission has been to make people recognize, that with a bit of know how, home cooked meals are accessible, nourishing, pleasurable and well worth a little effort.
To my delight, with SoGood.tv and my videos on YouTube, I’ve reached millions of people. Best of all, many of you have reached me right back. Your views, emails, ratings, subscriptions and comments on YouTube and Typepad have turned my work into a lively conversation about culture, politics, and the importance of quality food. So, inspired by this passionate exchange, I’ve (finally!) completed my book proposal That’s So Good – A Real Mom’s Guide to Food, Wine and Other Grown Up Pleasures.
Please take a look at my video about it, and if you like it PLEASE share it.
Note: if the video won't play in this page, you can watch it on YouTube!
Please pass this link (http://sogood.tv/heather_johnston/cookbook.html) on to friends and family, and ask them to pass it along, to help create interest in this project. The way it works with non fiction is that a publisher buys a proposal, then the author writes the book. I'm so ready to get started!
I enjoy a great online audience and I strongly believe I can find one offline as well. My cookbook, filled with over 100 recipes, photos, cooking basics, wine tips, and personal anecdotes, is the real deal. It's my personal, professional, political, and rather irreverent take on food, family, and the simple pleasures of life. Many, many thanks!
Heather Johnston - Fast Facts
- Her food and wine blog SoGood.TV has thousands of subscribers and millions of views
- Featured in USA Today, Essence, on YouTube's Homepage and Style Channel, and many blogs
- A Harvard, French Culinary Institute, and Wine and Spirits Trust graduate
- Started in the food industry as a recipe tester at Saveur magazine
- Speaks at events and conferences about sustainability, wine marketing, and food in new media
- Literary Representation by The Culinary Cooperative of Regal Literary Agency